Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Blog Creation

After spending countless hours perusing fun teacher blogs like The First Grade Parade, Kindergarten Smiles and KindergartenKindergarten, I have been finding myself wanting to start a blog of my own lately. So having a mandatory blog assigned for a class I am taking (EDRG 604-Literacy for the Diverse Learner at Regis University) was the final little push I needed to get a blog up and running. So here it is! My hopes for this blog are to have a place to share ideas and experiences from my own kindergarten classroom, pose questions to other teachers and, of course, to share my work from EDRG 604.

As a first time blogger, I was sort of anticipating cruising into the blog generating site and creating a beautiful and functional outlet for my educational thoughts rather quickly. Much to my surprise, I was stalled for quite a while on the first, very basics of my blog: name and web address. There are SO many amazing blogs out there with adorable names (ie. An Apple For the Teacher, The First Grade Parade...etc.), and I assumed mine would have a fun name as well. Much to my dismay, my creative juices were not flowing and even after searching the web for adjectives with the same initial letters as my name, my blog is still just titled "Haley Keeling"...for now.  I am still hopeful that a clever, unique name will just pop into my head someday. 

I already am enjoying the style of writing that blogging allows. It feels very free flowing and natural for me. The logistics of making a post seemed fairly straight forward so far, however I haven't attempted to add any pictures, links or do anything to technical yet. As I move forward with my blog, I think I will keep in mind that this is day one of having a blog, and it is unreasonable at this point for me to expect my blog to look like the expert bloggers out there. Kuddos to those ladies and gentlemen though for making it look so easy! That level of blogging will be something to aspire to.

-HK

No comments:

Post a Comment